At 2.45pm yesterday (Friday 5th June) I was informed by the Tameside local Authority COVID-19 Planning Group that the decision had been taken by key personnel at the local authority that the planned reopening of schools will be delayed. This is due to the scientific evidence showing that the virus ‘R’ rate is currently too high in Tameside. I realise that this is in contradiction of a host of information that has been sent to families and students already but obviously we must follow the guidance of the Local Authority.
Therefore, primary schools will not reopen on Monday and secondary schools will not return on 15th June as planned. We are now working towards an opening date of Monday, 22nd June, but obviously this is dependent on so many factors.
Please note that we will remain open as usual to the group of students who have already been attending school each day
You will appreciate that this is a rapidly changing situation and I will be in a position to give you more details on Monday.